- 2 T oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Antie Lou's BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 to 3 pound brisket of beef
- Sliced carrots (optional)
- Sliced potatoes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the oil in a heavy Dutch oven and brown the onions in the oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine the soup mix, vinegar, ketchup, Antie Lou's BBQ sauce, brown sugar and mix well.
- Poke the brisket with a pronged fork.
- Place the meat in the Dutch oven and brown on both sides.
- Add the liquid mixture and sliced carrots and potatoes, if you wish.
- Cover and place in the oven for 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Cut and serve with the sauce and vegetables.